680We are excited to announce the launch of our Picnics that are available on Saturday and Sundays during the summer season.
Join us for a picnic, in one of 6 of our private picnic tables situated on our lawn with breathtaking views of the Paarl and Simonsberg Mountains or be seated in the shade of Oak trees next to a stream. The Avondale Delux Picnic includes a picnic basket filled to the brim with delectable treats from FABER Restaurant and goods from OCHRA. Booking essential (48 hours prior). Our full picnic offerings include:
- Avondale Delux Picnic basket for two people – R660 per basket
Join us for an exclusive deluxe picnic, at one of the 6 Avondale private picnic tables situated either on our lawn with breathtaking views of the Paarl and Simonsberg Mountains or in the shade of Oak trees next to a stream. The deluxe picnic baskets are filled to the brim with delectable treats from FABER Restaurant and goods from OCHRA.
Basket includes: Baguette, selection of charcuterie and Dalewood cheeses, FABER condiments and preserves, salad, fresh pastry, water and an assortment of salty and sweet snacks from Ochra deli.
- Avondale Standard Picnic (in a bag) for one – R175 per picnic bag
Get your picnic in a bag and enjoy it next to the lake at the start of the Avondale Bike Park.
Your picnic in a bag will typically include a freshly baked croissant filled with ham, cheese and tomato, accompanied by a packet of Rootstock sea salt crisps (40g), a packet of dried wors (to share), a Mamere Roasted Almond Nougat Twist and a bottle of water.
- Avondale Kids picnic for one – R150 per picnic bag
Get your picnic in a bag and enjoy it next to the lake at the start of the Avondale Bike Park or with your family at the Avondale private picnic spots.
Your picnic in a bag will typically include a freshly baked croissant filled with cheese and tomato, accompanied by a packet of Grumpy Snacks [Roasted Chickpeas], a Mamere Roasted Almond Nougat Twist, a bottle of Powerade and a coupon for a Las Paletas ice lolly to be collected from the Ochra deli on the day.
- There are 6 picnic spots at Avondale Wine Estate in Paarl.
- Each picnic spot has a picnic table which can seat up to 6 people, and each spot will also be supplied with a picnic blanket.
- The picnic area is not a serviced area.
- Collection and return: Baskets can be collected from the Tasting Gallery from 12h00 and picnic spots are open until 16h00.
- Buying of wine and soft drinks: The picnic area is not a serviced area, you are welcome to purchase Avondale wines, soft drinks or additional snacks from our Tasting Gallery and Ochra deli.
- Pre-booking and payment: All picnics need to be pre-booked and paid for in advance. For bookings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All picnics at Avondale need to be pre-booked and paid for at least 48 hours prior via email@example.com.
“a beautiful experience under the trees, with the most scrumpcious picnic basket around ”
AVONDALE Members Club
Through the Avondale Members Club we exclusively reward our loyal friends and family who stay connected in our Circle of Life by taking great pleasures in our wines.