We are excited to announce the launch of our Picnics that are available on Saturday and Sundays during the summer season.
Join us for a picnic, in one of 6 of our private picnic tables situated on our lawn with breathtaking views of the Paarl and Simonsberg Mountains or be seated in the shade of Oak trees next to a stream. The picnic includes a picnic basket filled to the brim with delectable treats from FABER Restaurant and goods from OCHRA. Booking essential (48 hours prior)
Picnic basket for two people – R500 per basket or Kiddies picnic R150
Your basket will include a freshly baked, wood-fired Bagette, to be enjoyed with some delicious FABER tapenades and preserves, to be enjoyed with a selection of local charcuterie , and cheeses from Dalewood. This will be accompanied by estate-grown Darling olives and a homemade artisanal salad (Chinese cabbage, carrots, roasted almonds, raisins with an organic yogurt dressing), and an assortment of snacks sourced from our Deli. Finish your meal on a sweet note with the Chef’s patisserie of the day.
Are your kids joining us? Book them each a yummy kiddies picnic for R125.00.
- There are 6 picnic spots at Avondale Wine Estate in Paarl.
- Each picnic spot has a picnic table which can seat up to 6 people, and each spot will also be supplied with a picnic blanket.
- The picnic area is not a serviced area, you are more than welcome to buy your wine or cooldrinks when you collect your basket either at the Ochra Deli or the Avondale wine-tasting area.
- All picnics can be picked up at the tasting room at Avondale Wine Estate from 12 noon on day of booked picnic (unless otherwise requested).
- The cost of the picnic basket is R500incl. VAT (for two persons), kids picnics are available at R150 incl. VAT (per child).
- All picnics at Avondale need to be pre-booked and paid for at least 48 hours prior via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Typical Avondale adult picnic basket menu: PICNIC for 2
|Freshly baked baguette|
|Artisanal salad – Chinese cabbage, carrots, roasted almonds, raisins with an organic yogurt dressing|
|Selection of butter, tapenades, preserves and spreads from Faber|
|Selection of charcuterie|
|Artisanal selection of Dalewood cheese|
|Rootstock seasonal vegetable crisps|
|Rootstock kudu or springbok biltong crisps|
|Freshly picked strawberries|
|Pasteis de Nate|
|Bottle of water|
“a beautiful experience under the trees, with the most scrumpcious picnic basket around ”
Through the Avondale Members Club we exclusively reward our loyal friends and family who stay connected in our Circle of Life by taking great pleasures in our wines.