What better way to beat the Winter Blues than getting out with your girlfriends to enjoy an extraordinary experience! Avondale has collaborated with renowned chef Chef Reuben Riffel to show off Avondale’s wines in front of a warm and cosy fire. Up until the 15th of July you can come out to Avondale with friends and family to enjoy the innovative Winter Warmer Pairing which includes six gourmet tasting-size soups – each one unique in style and flavour, created by Chef Reuben with his signature rustic culinary flair evident in every sip. Each soup has been specially crafted to beautifully complement a particular vintage in Avondale’s collection of elegant, handcrafted wines.
The Winter Warmer Pairing experience:
- The Tasting begins with Baby Marrow & Basil Soup, garnished with crispy baby marrow, accompanied by a glass of the effervescent Armilla Méthode Cap Classique
- This is followed with Avondale’s vibrant Chenin Blanc Anima, paired with Confit Duck and Bean Soup
- Avondale’s Viognier blend Cyclus marries well with French Onion Soup, served with melted Epoisse Toastie
- Avondale’s Camissa Blanc de Noir is served with Chai-Style Butternut Soup
- Avondale’s Syrah Samsara is paired with Parsnip & Artichoke Soup, served with grated parmesan and olive oil
- And finally, Avondale’s signature red blend La Luna partners with Truffle Bean Soup
The Winter Warmer Pairing, available at Avondale Wine Estate up until 15 July, is R120 per person and by appointment only. Call 021-863 1976 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book now.