After the success of our last Festive Food & Wine Pairing with Showchef extraordinaire Sonia Cabano, we decided to do it all over again! This year, Avondale has collaborated with esteemed Chef Reuben Riffel to offer guests to the farm an Extraordinary Festive Food & Wine Pairing Experience over the summer holiday season.
The pairing, which will run from 21st November 2012 until 31st January 2013, sees Avondale’s exquisite range of nature-friendly wines matched with six bite-sized decadent delights which lay testament to Chef Reuben’s culinary creativity.
- Salmon Pastrami, Apple Raisin Chutney and Crème Fraiche, accompanied by a glass of the effervescent Armilla Méthode Cap Classique
- This is followed with Avondale’s vibrant Chenin Blanc Anima, paired with Duck Confit Pots, Pistachios and Pickled Glazed Cherries
- Avondale’s Viognier blend Cyclus marries well with Caramelized Peaches, Manchego Cheese, Walnuts and Watercress
- Avondale’s Camissa rosé is served with Light Curry Fried Potted Prawns served with Toast
- Avondale’s Syrah Samsara is paired with Piquoillo Pepper and Onion Jam with Peppered Seared Aged Beef, Aioli and Rocket
- And finally, our signature red blend La Luna partners with Venison Pie, Parsnip and White Chocolate
Chef Reuben grew up in a loving family in Franschhoek. Through his mother’s intermittent involvement in the restaurant industry, Reuben started work as a barman and waiter at Chamonix. One day he was asked by Head Chef Richard Carsons to help out in the kitchen, and the proverbial seed was planted. Eventually Reuben took over as Head Chef, and shortly afterwards opened his first Reuben’s restaurant. The accolades came streaming in and Chef Reuben has since opened a further two Reuben’s restaurants in Cape Town and Robertson.
Chef Reuben’s insistence on only creating extraordinary food embodies Avondale’s approach to wine-making, which led to our inevitable collaboration at the last La Luna ‘Once in a Blue Moon Dinner’. The magical evening was such a success that we decided to partner with Chef Reuben once again to conjure up another extraordinary pairing experience!
The Festive Food & Wine Pairing is R100 per person and by appointment only. Call 021-863 1976 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book now.
We look forward to welcoming you this holiday season!